ELP was honored to partner with so many other incredible organizations to develop this resource.
Beyond the Horizon: Blazing a Trail Toward Learner-Centered School Quality Systems includes recommendations for education leaders at every level of the system, mapping the course for the future of assessment and accountability.
Created in collaboration with leaders in K-12 student-centered learning from across the country, these recommendations support a learner-centered accountability system that would:
- Create to conditions that honor local context while ensure the quality of every learner’s educational experience
- Utilize holistic indicators that include school inputs and a range of student outcomes
- Place emphasis on mastery of academic knowledge and assessment of essential skills
- Focus on growth, not grades
- Use data to calibrate for progress and pace